Voice of the Cape

October2017

New face for Tweede Nuwe Jaar carnival

The launch of The Cape Town Street Parade was announced today in Cape Town in partnership with the City of Cape Town, promising a world class event on 2 January 2018 for the people of Cape Town and for visitors to the Mother City. Previously known as the Tweede Nuwe[…]

Read »

Cape Town gets Gigaba’s go-ahead to deal with drought

Minister of Finance Malusi Gigaba has approved the City of Cape Town’s request to deviate from Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA) regulations to urgently deal with the drought, the City said on Monday. The City in a statement said Gigaba informed it that he had been advised that potential regulatory[…]

Read »

Old SA flag at #BlackMonday protests racist, says ANC

The African National Congress (ANC) has condemned the protests against farm killings. This after some pictures of the apartheid-era flag were displayed by protesters. It created an uproar on social media The governing party says the display of the old flag stokes racial hatred. It adds the calls for the[…]

Read »

Post Office ‘not yet ready’ to pay out grants

Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini says the SA Post Office is not ready to take over the grants payment system. Dlamini was addressing the media at Regent Hotel in East London on Monday. She said the Post Office needed an integrated payment system, banking services, card production and the provision[…]

Read »

Cape ANCYL decides on Dlamini-Zuma

The ANC Youth League in the Western Cape has thrown its weight behind Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma as their presidential candidate to take over from President Jacob Zuma. The ANCYL also wants Mpumalanga premier David Mabuza to be her deputy, Free State premier Ace Magashule to be ANC secretary-general and ministers Nathi[…]

Read »
WhatsApp WhatsApp us