From the news desk

ANC headquarters evacuated after bomb scare

Share this article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The ANC’s headquarters have been evacuated as well as that of The Star newspaper after a bomb scare in the vicinity of the two buildings.

A source at the newspaper’s office confirmed that it and Luthuli House nearby had been evacuated at about 11:50.

Better late than never, now the Traffic cops are checking Luthuli House For bombs #Starbombscare pic.twitter.com/OuFe0uYkmt
— Kevin Ritchie (@RitchKev) September 14, 2015

Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa was apparently at the ANC’s headquarters for an important meeting.

At about 13:00 sniffers dogs were still in the newspaper’s building.

The entire area on Sauer Street between President Street and Pitchers Street was also cordoned off by the police.

ANC spokesperson Zizi Kodwa said: “The entire Luthuli House has been evacuated. It’s ANC day, every Monday… there are a lot of meetings that were taking place today.”

He said President Jacob Zuma was expected at Luthuli House, but was not there at the time of the bomb scare. News24


Share this article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
WhatsApp WhatsApp us
Wait a sec, saving restore vars.