From the news desk

Beacon Valley fire claims one life

Share this article

One person has died following a fire outbreak in Rolbal Street in Beacon Valley Mitchells Plain.

The City’s Edward Bosch said the incident occurred last night.

“Just after 10 last night, the City’s Fire & Rescue Services responded to a Wendy house alight. Two fire engines and 12 fire fighters responded to the incident,” he said.

Bosch said the blaze destroyed one iron structure leaving one male adult with fatal burn wounds.

“Two fire engines and a rescue vehicle with at least 12 fire fighters responded to the incident. One wood & iron structure at the rear of a dwelling was completely destroyed by the fire. One male adult has reportedly died during the blaze,” he said.

The cause of the fire was allegedly started by a candle that was left unattended.


Share this article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

WhatsApp WhatsApp us
Wait a sec, saving restore vars.