From the news desk

Four to appear on charges linked to Tokai murder

Share this article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Four people linked to the attack on teenager, Franziska Blöchliger, are expected to make their first appearance in the Wynberg Magistrate’s Court on Friday.

Three men, in their twenties, are facing charges of murder and also the possibility of more charges being added at a later stage, said Western Cape police spokesperson, Lieutenant Colonel Andre Traut.

The trio were arrested a day after the 16-year-old was murdered and robbed in Tokai Forest on Monday.

Traut said the fourth person would appear for possession of suspected stolen property.

He did not confirm whether the charge was linked to the teen’s iPhone that was taken during the attack.

Her father, Florian Blöchliger, previously recalled how he received chilling calls from his daughter’s phone around the time she went missing.

Like a flower

He said he had heard the sound of a child or baby crying in the background, “as if its toy had been taken from it”.

Residents of Kirstenhof, Westlake Village and other surrounding areas arrived en masse at the forest during the week to show support to the family and others affected by violent crime.

It is also understood that the first arrests were thanks to tip-offs from residents of Westlake Village.

The family has hired renowned private forensic investigator, Dr David Klatzow, to assist the police with its investigation.

Her father and family members said they still struggled to comprehend why someone would have killed an innocent girl.

“She was like a flower… she was my soul mate. She was really another mother for her sister. They were very close. She was just a beauty,” he told News24Live on Wednesday.

[Source: News24]
Share this article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
WhatsApp WhatsApp us
Wait a sec, saving restore vars.