Gauteng Hawks head Maj-Gen Shadrack Sibiya goes to the Labour Court on Wednesday to challenge his notice of suspension from the crime-fighting body.
His lawyer Victor Nkhwashu told The Star that they were hoping to get details of the suspension.
“He [Sibiya] hopes to be supplied with the particulars we’ve asked for so that he can respond to the notice of suspension,” Nkwashu was quoted as saying.
“We’re not saying he shouldn’t be suspended, we’re just saying processes must be followed for the suspension to be fair.”
Last Monday, Sibiya was served with a notice of suspension and given a week to give reasons why he should not be suspended.
Nkhwashu said the notice mentioned charges related to Sibiya’s alleged involvement in facilitating the illegal rendition of Zimbabweans, but did not give dates or venues.
Senior Hawks official Colonel Leslie Maluleke was also reportedly served with a notice of suspension last week, while on December 23 Hawks boss Anwa Dramat was suspended, apparently pending a probe into his alleged involvement in the renditions. SAPA