From the news desk

Israel using banned weapons

Share this article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

As death toll exceeded 70 over three-day Israeli offensive on besieged Gaza strip, Palestinian health ministry officials have warned that Israeli is using internationally-proscribed weapons which were apparent in incinerated and torn out bodies of victims.

“Israel used internationally-banned weapons in its two previous wars on Gaza,” Palestinian Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qodra told Anadolu Agency on Wednesday, July 9.

“The same weapons are being used now.”

Al-Qodra warned that Israel was deploying weapons that destroy the bodies of their victims, noting that the bodies of most victims had been incinerated, while others had been completely torn apart.

He added that a preliminary survey of victims’ bodies has revealed the horrific nature of the weapons being used in Israel’s ongoing onslaught on Gaza.

Some activists posted photos of victims online, advising the fainthearted not to look at them.

Photos showed Palestinians whose limbs had been blown off and others whose bodies looked as if they had been subject to chemical attack.

Palestinian doctors say the Israeli airstrikes had incinerated the bodies of a large number of Palestinians, while a number of others had lost limbs.

They added that the conditions of victims admitted to hospital revealed that Israel was using internationally-proscribed weapons in its current war on the embattled Gaza Strip.

Israel has been launching relentless airstrikes against Gaza since Tuesday in which more tan 77 have been killed and over 500 injured in the tiny coastal strip.

Israel has claimed that its new war on Gaza, under the title Operation Protect Edge, was a response to the rocket attacks being carried out by Hamas.

It added that its offensive is intended to halt rocket fire at its cities from the Gaza Strip.

There have been no Israeli casualties from the hundreds of rockets that have been fired by militants in Gaza.

World Reaction

Amid increasing death toll of Palestinian civilians, United Nations Security Council will hold an emergency meeting on the crisis on Thursday morning, with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon due to give the latest about the situation on the ground.

“Gaza is on a knife edge. The deteriorating situation is leading to a downward spiral which could quickly get beyond anyone’s control,” he said.

“The risk of violence expanding further still is real. Gaza, and the region as a whole, cannot afford another full-blown war.”

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who is based in the West Bank, also denounced the offensive on Wednesday.

“This war is not against Hamas or any faction but is against the Palestinian people,” said Abbas, who entered a power-sharing deal with Hamas in April after years of feuding.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has also vowed that Turkey would continue to speak out against Israel’s aggression against the Palestinian people.

“While Israel is bombarding defenseless Palestinian people in Gaza, Turkey cannot remain silent and impartial,” says Erdogan. ONISLAM


Share this article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
WhatsApp WhatsApp us
Wait a sec, saving restore vars.