From the news desk

Lentegeur man gunned down

Share this article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Just after a week of gang violence subsiding in Lentegeur, a 40 year old man was gunned down on Monday morning. Muhammad Adnaan Pedro was on his way to work, when two armed men shot and killed him on the corner of Papierblom and Nerine roads, Lentegeur, Mitchell’s plain. Pedro’s sister Ruwayda Adam said that her brother has never been affiliated or associated to any gang at any point in his life.

Adam said that she thinks that he was killed on impact after the two men fled the scene by foot.

“I don’t understand the reason for his senseless killing, as he was not involved with any activity regarding any gangs. I don’t know why they would want to hurt or kill him,” said Adam.

But a Lentegeur resident told VOC News that Pedro may have had an argument with the gunman prior to the attack. He believes it may have been a revenge killing.

At the time she received the call about the incident at 6:11am, he had already passed on. An emotional Adam said while they are saddened by the manner in which he died, as a family they are satisfied with his death. Pedro is survived by his wife of a year and the couple does not have any children.

Western Cape police said the circumstances’ surrounding the murder is being investigated. SAPS spokesperson Fredrick Van Wyk said a murder case is being investigated and no arrest has been made as yet.

Van Wyk asked that anyone with information regarding this fatal incident is kindly requested to contact Crime Stop on 08600 10111. VOC (Imogen Vollenhoven)


Share this article
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
WhatsApp WhatsApp us
Wait a sec, saving restore vars.