A Yemeni hospital run by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) has been hit by a series of Arab-coalition air strikes, the medical aid group has said, the latest bombing of a civilian target in a seven-month air campaign.
One person was injured and is in a stable condition after the attack on the clinic in the northern province of Saada, MSF spokesman Hassan Boucenine told Al Jazeera on Tuesday.
Boucenine said the overnight attack “must have been deliberate,” as the group had provided the Saudi-led coalition with the coordinates of its facility in Saada only two weeks ago.
“We give GPS positions, all the positions, of our hospital to the coalition head and we renew them every month,” he said, adding that “the latest one was done two week ago.”
Saying that coalition forces “know it is an MSF hospital”, he added: “There is no reason – ever – to commit a war crime. To target a hospital. There cannot be any good reason.”
The Saudi-led coalition of Arab states launched an air campaign against Shia Houthi rebels and their allies in late March in support of President Abd-Rabbo Mansour Hadi.
Saada is the stronghold of the Iran-backed Houthis who overran the capital unopposed in September 2014, before advancing on several Yemeni provinces.
Air raids have been blamed for scores of civilians casualties since March.
In Afghanistan, at least 30 people were killed earlier this month in the US bombing of an MSF hospital in Kunduz. Al Jazeera