From the news desk

Pharmacist’s murder leaves community reeling

Share this article

The Pietermaritzburg community has been left reeling by the murder of pharmacist and businessman, Morgan Naidoo.

Naidoo had been missing since Wednesday.

Police spokesman, Major Thulani Zwane, confirmed that Naidoo was found dead at the Lynnfield Park on-ramp, on the N3, at about 5.45am on Monday.

His hands and feet were bound with duct tape and he had multiple bullet wounds.

“The motive is unknown at this stage and police are investigating a case of murder,” Zwane said.

News of Naidoo’s disappearance was widely circulated on social media networks.

According to a family friend, who declined to be named, Naidoo left home in his white Hyundai truck on Wednesday morning, for work at his pharmacy and supermarket in Alexandra Road.

When he did not return home that evening, he was reported missing by his family.

“We are shocked. I cannot explain what his family is going through. What kind of people do these things to other human beings?” the friend asked.

Messages of condolences have been pouring in after the news of Naidoo’s murder broke.

Veni Anthoo posted: “You were truly one in a million. A beautiful soul. You will be sorely missed. RIP Morgan.”

Naidoo was one of three Pietermaritzburg businessmen killed in less than a month.

A manhunt has been launched for the killers of businessman, Ashraf Tajoodeen.

Tajoodeen, the owner of Lee’s Auto Sales, was attacked on February 25 in his Scottsville home when he walked in on a robbery in progress.

The assailants had gained access to the property, and tied and gagged the family’s domestic worker.

After parking his car in the driveway, Tajoodeen entered his home where he was confronted by two robbers.

An analysis of the crime scene suggests the businessman put up a fight, but was eventually overpowered and stabbed to death.

Meanwhile, the search continues for a black Jeep Compass believed to have been involved in the death of well-known businessman, Lorenzo Franceschi, owner of Libra Motors.

Early on February 27, Franceschi’s body was found lying at the intersection of Peter Kerchoff and Jabu Ndlovu streets.

Franceschi had been travelling on his motorbike when he was allegedly hit by the Jeep Compass which sped off, leaving him dying on the road.

CCTV footage of the Jeep Compass only provided a part of the number plate. Franceschi’s family have since hired a private investigator.

[Source: The Daily News]

Share this article
WhatsApp WhatsApp us
Wait a sec, saving restore vars.