A civil society meeting to co-ordinate further protests against the SABC is scheduled to take place on Monday.
The campaign is being organised by the Right2Know (R2K) campaign and the Save our SABC Coalition.
Last week, R2K Durban spokesperson, Thabane Miya, said protests would continue until SABC chief operating officer, Hlaudi Motsoeneng, resigned.
Journalists from several media outlets protested against censorship outside the SABC’s offices in Johannesburg, Durban, and Cape Town on Friday.
Last Monday, acting group CEO Jimi Matthews announced his resignation. He said the environment at the public broadcaster was “corrosive” and that recent changes were wrong.
Motsoeneng has been criticised for his decision that the SABC would no longer air footage of the destruction of property during protests.
The R2K, however, previously said it did not believe the broadcaster’s problems started, nor would they end, with his departure.
“The SABC crisis is rooted in systematic attempts by the political elite to undermine and control key public institutions,” the organisation said.[Source: News24]