Muslim volunteers have been called to assist with the smooth flow of this year’s haj, an event that requires detailed planning. Haj role-players are preparing the logistics for the pilgrimage in September this year, which will be unpacked at a national road-show in April. In the meantime, the South Africa Haj and Umrah Council (Sahuc) has extended applications for haj mission and medical mission workers for the coming haj season.
Mandatory for all applicants:
• All applicants must have previously performed haj
• Applicants must be available for a minimum period of six to eight weeks.
• All applicants will be taken through a thorough interview process and a selection will be made thereafter.
• Complete Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Letters of recommendation from organizations that you may have served or still serve.
• Copy of valid passport – passport must be valid for at least six months after the return date.
• Copy of Hajj VISA – or an affidavit stating that Fardh Hajj was performed.
• Female applicants will be considered for Medical only and must have the necessary qualifications.
• All applicants must subscribe to the tenets and principles of the Ahle Sunnah wal Jammah.
Applications must be sent to the secretary general of Sahuc by email to SahucSG@sahuc.org.za or by fax to 086 672 4913 by no later than the 01st April 2016.
Forms can be downloaded here: SAHUC-Mission Application Form – 1437 AH (2016)