An attack by militants on a school in western Aleppo has claimed the lives of at least six children and injured many others. An RT crew visited the scene, as well as the hospital which received the dead and wounded following the deadly assault by rebels.
The attack occurred when a gas canister and a mine landed in a classroom in Ḩadaiq al-Andalus. The projectiles were launched from eastern Aleppo, an area controlled by militants.
RT’s Murad Gazdiev traveled to the scene of the attack, with footage showing classroom desks covered in blood. Shattered glass, textbooks, and debris were shown intertwined with human flesh, bearing testament to the brutality of the assault.
Human suffering transcends the political and ideological divide in Syria, which has been at war for over five years. Upon arrival at the hospital which received the dead and wounded, Gazdiev was met with painful screams from mothers and endless tears of sorrow.
Those trying to escape the jihadist-held areas of eastern Aleppo for the relative calm of the city’s west still risk their lives doing so, as the six Russian established corridors are constantly terrorized by militants. Twelve people died and more than 20 others were injured on Thursday, when rebels shelled a humanitarian corridor next to a school in Al-Mashariq district.
The cycle never seems to end – civilians, including many children, are rushed to hospitals filled with choirs of crying mothers and fathers who are dealing with the ultimate pain of losing a child.
“Why do UNICEF and certain members of the UN Security Council persistently refuse to pay any attention to that?” Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Major-General Igor Konashenkov said, after Western politicians rushed to accuse Moscow of an alleged airstrike on a school in Idlib.
Syrians in Aleppo ask the same question. While Western media audiences are fixated on reports of alleged “war crimes” which discredit Russian and Syrian anti-terrorist efforts, RT remains one of the few media outlets which regularly documents the terrorist attacks on civilians that are not being covered in the West.
On Thursday, Russia’s Ministry of Defense debunked reports which accused either Russian or Syrian jets of striking a school complex in Hass village. Moscow said that videos from the scene were apparently fabricated, as Russian drones have not registered any signs of bomb craters in the area.
“According to a photo made by a Russian UAV, the school’s roof is not damaged and there are no bomb craters in the area near the school. Similar information may be requested from our American colleagues. Russian reconnaissance registered a US MQ-1B Predator attack drone,” Konashenkov said.
“Video footage published by a number of foreign media outlets of an alleged strike on the residential area of Hass [in Idlib] consists of more than 10 pieces pasted together, being shot at different times of the day,” the general added.
The general suggested that Western media outlets should not neglect attacks taking place in Syria, namely in Aleppo, where Russian and Syrian air raids have been the subject of much criticism, despite an ongoing humanitarian pause which has so far lasted for 10 consecutive days.[Source: RT]