There have been further incidents of people trying to leave the country to join the Islamic State (ISIS), the State Security Department said on Wednesday.
However, spokesperson Brian Dube could not confirm an SABC radio report that another Cape Town teenager was stopped from joining the terrorist group.
“He [Minister for State Security David Mahlobo] is aware of certain information… but he is not in the position to give details,” Dube told News24.
“At this stage we can’t divulge that… because it is quite a sensitive situation.”
He said state security had been following up on other possible incidents.
This was after a 15-year-old was stopped at Cape Town International Airport last month when evidence was found in her bedroom indicating she had been in contact with ISIS recruiters. News24