Two of the 17 schools earmarked for closure by former Western Cape education MEC Donald Grant have reportedly received informal notices for their impending closure. A lengthy court battle that has been waging since the move was announced in 2012 came to a head in December, after the Supreme Court[…]
A group of 14 schools earmarked for closure in 2012 by former education MEC Donald Grant will, at least for 2015, function as if the threat of closure never existed. This is according to Save Our Schools co-ordinator Vanessa le Roux, who says an agreement was brokered between the organization,[…]
Save Our Schools co-ordinator Vanessa le Roux says it is unsurprising that less than 50% of Beauvallon High School’s Matric candidates were successful in the National Examinations given the atmosphere surrounding them for most of 2014. Beauvallon was the only school out of 17 earmarked for closure by the Western[…]
ANC Western Cape leader Marius Fransman on Wednesday praised the individuals who fought for 17 schools in the province to stay open. His praise comes even though the Supreme Court of Appeals on Tuesday confirmed that 16 of the schools earmarked last year by former MEC for Education Donald Grant[…]
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.