The National Sea Rescue Institute’s (NSRI) will continue their search for a 17-year-old boy went missing while swimming in the Strand area on Thursday. The teen apparently ran into trouble while swimming with friends yesterday. ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said in a statement that paramedics, as well as the NSRI, law enforcement and other emergency services found a group of boys near the jetty upon their arrival.
“It is understood that the group of boys had been swimming near the jetty when one of them apparently had difficulty swimming and was swept underwater,” he said.
“All the services on the scene began their search for the young boy. Unfortunately, no body has been found as yet.”
Police and emergency services will go out to sea on Friday morning. News24