Tunisia’s National Bardo Museum reopened to the public Monday again for the first time since gunmen opened fire on foreign tourists earlier this month, killing 22 people in the country’s worst attack on civilians in 13 years. The government says the man considered the “operational chief” of the assault was[…]
Tunisian security forces decimated the leadership of a Tunisian jihadi group linked to al-Qaida’s North African branch, including the man identified as the “operational chief” of the attack this month on the National Bardo Museum that killed 22 people, mostly foreign tourists, the interior minister said Sunday. Najem Gharsalli said[…]
Tunisian Prime Minister Habib Essid has fired a number of police commanders after last week’s deadly attack on a museum in the capital, his spokesman said on Monday. Among those sacked were the security chief for the Tunis region, local police chiefs and the director of tourist security, Mofdi Mseddi[…]
A third attacker in the deadly assault on the Bardo museum is on the run, Tunisia’s president said Sunday, declaring his country at war with the extremists who killed 21 people at one of North Africa’s most revered cultural institutions. President Beji Caid Essebsi said the attack involved “three aggressors”[…]
The two radical gunmen who killed 21 people at a museum in Tunis trained in neighboring Libya before carrying out the deadly attack, a top Tunisian security official said. Wednesday’s attack at the National Bardo Museum killed 21 people – 17 of them cruise ship tourists – before the two[…]
The Islamic State group claimed responsibility Thursday for the attack that killed 21 people at a museum. But Tunisian authorities said the two slain gunmen had no clear links to extremists, and analysts said existing extremist cells are merely being inspired by the group, rather than establishing its presence across[…]
Two cruise lines suspended visits to Tunisia on Thursday after 17 passengers from their ships were killed in the museum attack, delivering an immediate economic blow to the North African country. Passengers of Mediterranean cruise lines Costa Crociere and MSC Cruises were visiting the National Bardo Museum when gunmen stormed it[…]
Government is trying to verify reports that South African citizens are among those wounded in an attack on a museum in the Tunisian capital Tunis, Deputy International Relations and Co-operation Minister Luwellyn Landers said on Thursday. “Officials from the SA embassy in Tunis are working with authorities to verify reports[…]
Tunisian authorities have arrested four people allegedly directly linked to Wednesday’s attack apparently targeting tourists at a museum that killed at least 21 people. Five others suspected of having ties to the gunmen behind the raid, have also been detained, the presidency said in a statement. Forty seven others were[…]
Tunisia’s president has promised to wage a “merciless war against terrorism” after gunmen killed 17 foreign tourists and two Tunisians in a daylight attack on a museum. As the international community denounced Wednesday’s assault on the National Bardo Museum in Tunis, which also left more than 40 people wounded, President[…]
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.