The Western Cape MEC for Community Safety, Albert Fritz has written to the National Prosecuting Authority to inquire about the release on bail of an alleged hit-man last week. The twenty-year-old suspect was released on a one-thousand-five-hundred-rand bail after he allegedly shot and killed a nineteen-year-old man in a gang-related[…]
The Western Cape cabinet and provincial heads of department have received a detailed report at a bosberaad on the nature of a second pandemic expected in the wake of the COVID-19. Unemployment and poverty Premier Alan Winde says the hard interventions taken to slow the spread of COVID-19 will lead[…]
A high-cost development planned for Bo-Kaap came to a grinding halt after Heritage Western Cape (HWC) granted provisional and provincial protection for two addresses under inspection. Locals said the iconic heritage and surroundings would be under threat should the development proceed at 148 and 150 Butiengracht street. The association called[…]
The Western Cape Government cabinet says it will push for the safe opening of all businesses and the domestic sale of alcohol, together with smart interventions. The provincial government acknowledged that the number of trauma cases declined when alcohol sales were banned in the country, but it cautioned that this[…]
The Western Cape government has defended its decision to award a R38 million contract to a construction consortium that supplied over two million surgical masks to a single provincial department. The province’s personal protective equipment (PPE) procurement disclosure report reveals the Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works (DTPW)[…]
A top level report given to the Western Cape government paints a dire picture of the impact of the lockdown on hunger and community kitchens, most of whom have seen rising food requests and dwindling resources. And amid this is a need for mass assistance from society and ongoing humanitarian[…]
The Western Cape Department of Health says early indications are that pressure is easing on hospitals in the province. During a digital media briefing today, officials said they are noticing a decline in COVID-19 hospitalisations and deaths, which is less than what was projected by epidemiologists. According to the National[…]
Gauteng has prepared sites for potential mass burials as the province surpasses the Western Cape as the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic in South Africa. Provincial Health MEC Dr Bandile Masuku and officials from the forensic pathology services visited the area reserved for COVID-19 burials in Tshwane on Wednesday. During[…]
The Western and Eastern Cape account for 78% of the country’s confirmed coronavirus cases, with the Eastern Cape showing the “same pattern that drove up the outbreak” in the Western Cape, Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said on Wednesday. More than 1 700 new cases have seen the number of coronavirus[…]
The Western Cape government has appealled to employers and employees to maintain the coronavirus (Covid-19) safety measures when the country moves to Covid-19 level 3 lockdown on Monday, June 1. Alert level 3 is welcomed as an opportunity to begin to breathe new life into the economy in the Western[…]
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.