A three-day workshop began here on Tuesday to review the emergency Haj plans taking into account the new developments and changes in the Haj environment and the ongoing development projects in Makkah, Madinah and the Holy Sites.
Opening the workshop, Director General of Civil Defense Maj. Sulaiman Al-Amro said the gathering was being held under the directives of Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Naif, deputy premier, interior minister and chairman of the Supreme Haj Committee to 23 ministries and government departments, to review their emergency Haj plans to ensure consummate services to the guests of God.
He said the government will deploy all its human and material resources to provide the highest degree of safety and security to the pilgrims.
“The workshop is within the advance preparations for the Haj season to ensure the success of all its phases and stages,” he said.
Amro said the workshop would discuss last year’s Haj plans to benefit from its lessons and will also consider the new development schemes which have been executed this year by the Holy Sites and the Grand Mosque.
He said the participants would also discuss the operational plans of each ministry and government department involved in the Haj services.
“The Civil Defense will coordinate with all the parties involved to further promote its services and will consider the lessons of last year’s Haj season especially the stampede,” he added.
The director said joint teams comprising specialists in formulating the emergency plans would be established to implement the emergency Haj plan.
Amro said the workshop would discuss new technologies and the planning procedures to reduce risks during the Haj.
“The workshop will also discuss the emergency medical evacuation plans and the role of the charity organizations and the media in the implementation of the emergency Haj plan,” Amro said.[Source: Saudi Gazette]